Power Rangos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Power Rangos

This uh.... yeah... And stuff

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DnD 5e - M'Barai

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
vivacious_undersnout

vivacious_undersnout

DnD 5e - M'Barai Empty
PostSubject: DnD 5e - M'Barai   DnD 5e - M'Barai Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 2:40 pm

M'Barai
Human (Variant), Fighter 1
Sailor, Lawful Neutral

AC: 16 HP: 13 Speed: 30 ft.
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Hit Dice Total: 1d10

Strength - 18 (+4) Dexterity - 11 (+0)
Constitution - 16 (+3) Intelligence - 10 (+0)
Wisdom - 13 (+1) Charisma - 10 (+0)

Saving Throws:
Strength: +6 Dexterity: +0
Constitution: +5 Intelligence: +0
Wisdom: +1 Charisma: +0

Skills:
Athletics +6, Insight +3, History +2 Perception +3, Survival +3
Passive Perception 13

Proficiencies/Languages:
Common, Dwarvish
All armor, shields, simple weapons, martial weapons
Navigator's tools, vehicles (water)

Attacks:
Glaive: +6 to hit, 10 ft. range, 1d10+4 slashing damage
Glaive (end): +6 to hit, 10 ft. range, 1d4+4 bludgeoning damage
Handaxe: +6 to hit, 20/60 ft. range, 1d6+4 slashing damage
Longsword (one-handed): +6 to hit, 5 ft. range, 1d8+4 slashing damage
Longsword (two-handed): +6 to hit, 5 ft. range, 1d10+4 slashing damage
Club: +6 to hit, 5 ft. range, 1d4+4 bludgeoning damage

Coin: 10gp
Equipment:
Chain mail, glaive, longsword, 2 handaxes, backpack, crowbar, hammer, 10 pitons, 10 torches, tinderbox, 10 days of rations, waterskin, 50 ft. hempen rope, belaying pin (club), 50 ft. silk rope, small box filled w/different-sized buttons, set of common clothes

Features/Traits:
Polearm Master (feat) - When you make the Attack action and attack w/only a glaive, halberd, or quarterstaff, you can use a bonus action to make a melee attack w/the opposite end of the weapon. This attack uses the same ability modifier as the primary attack. The weapon's damage die for this attack is a d4, and it deals bludgeoning damage. Also, while your are wielding a glaive, halberd, pike, or quarterstaff, other creatures provoke an opportunity attack from you when they enter the reach you have w/that weapon.
Fighting Style: Tunnel Fighter* - You excel at defending narrow passages, doorways, and other tight spaces. As a bonus action, you can enter a defensive stance that lasts until the start of your next turn. While in your defensive stance, you can make opportunity attacks without using your reaction, and you can use your reaction to make a melee attack against a creature that moves more than 5 ft. while w/in your reach.
Second Wind - You have a limited well of stamina that you can draw on to protect yourself from harm. On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 plus your fighter level (1). Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.
Feature: Ship's Passage - When you need to, you can secure free passage on a sailing ship for yourself and your adventuring companions. You might sail on the ship you served on, or another ship you have good relations with (perhaps one captained by a former crewmate). Because you're calling in a favor, you can't be certain of a schedule or route that will meet your every need. Your DM will determine how long it takes to get where you need to go. In return for your free passage, you and your companions are expected to assist the crew during the voyage.

Personality Traits:
My friends know they can rely on me, no matter what. Also, I like a job well done, especially if I can convince someone else to do it.
Ideal:
Freedom The sea is freedom - freedom to go anywhere and do anything.
Bond:
I signed with a ship to escape my old life. I do miss home, but the lure of adventure is greater.
Flaw:
I have my own code of ethics that don't always mesh well with the law, or even with outlaws.

Appearance:
6'6", very dark skin, lanky, bald, shaven. He has several tattoos along his arms, chest, and legs, depicting an anchor, a colorful fish, and an angry cat, among others. There are two distinct facial tattoos, one a common symbol marking him as a skilled deckhand, and the other an esoteric tribal pattern. His ears are free from piercings, unusual for a sailor. His thin frame makes him seem frail, but any cursory inspection would reveal ropy muscles knotted atop one another. When not in armor he wears unremarkable, somewhat unkempt clothes.

Background:
M'Barai was born in a small, far-flung land to a family of noble scholars. Wealthy, with access to education in a peaceful kingdom, that should have been enough for the boy. M'Barai, however, was never much of a student, never much of a listener, and never much good at sitting still. The few books that did grab his attention told of wondrous adventures and heroes saving worlds. His father attempted to guide these youthful energies into martial disciplines, hoping long hours of combat practice and drills would drain his son's spirit, and that M'Barai would see his folly and focus on the family's pursuits. The now-soldier certainly did take to these lessons, becoming a fearsome fighter, but not losing the wanderlust and imagination like his father hoped. He finished his commission, now with the skill to back his drive. Years of disagreements came to a head one night, with M'Barai wishing to travel the world and his parents forbidding it. Ultimately, strong words were exchanged, vases were broken, and M'Barai was told to leave his house forever. He went back to his old barracks and spoke with his mentor and commanding officer Ge'Hitu, whom impressed upon his pupil that he should take the initiative in his life, and pointed out a foreign ship in the nearby docks. A week later, when the vessel was scheduled to leave, M'Barai attempted to sneak aboard, only to be caught by the curmudgeony dwarf captain, Halkar. They intended to leave him behind with the local authorities, only to have a breathless messenger hand a sealed letter to the captain. Inside was payment for M'Barai's passage (provided he worked while aboard), and a letter to the young man. His mother, hoping her child would one day return, wrote him to not think unkindly of his family, who truly did want the best for him, and that he would always have a home. Setting sail on board the Drunken Wench, M'Barai's thoughts and emotions were conflicted. Even the better part of a decade later, the adventurer still presents a silent bearing. Wondering which ship, if any, he will let take him home.

*This is from Unearthed Arcana: Light, Dark, and Underdark!

Last edited by vivacious_undersnout on Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Plix

Plix

DnD 5e - M'Barai Empty
PostSubject: Re: DnD 5e - M'Barai   DnD 5e - M'Barai Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 8:15 pm

Having come back to port after another long journey along the sword coast M’Barai finds himself in the city of Waterdeep. Finding himself particularly restless after the 7th run from Waterdeep to Caer Calidyrr. The pirates had stopped attacking and the pay was steady but unremarkable. This last trip he hadn’t even bothered putting on his armor for most of the trip. In boredom and with the hopes of finding something interesting M’Barai takes to the streets near the docks. The streets are warm and the smell of fish from the docks mixes with the smell of spices from the market near by. It is late but the glow of the city illuminates most of the streets. The city has quited to a low din in the background as the dockworkers have traided their soggy clothes for a dry pair and have begun to fill their bellies with beer, ale and wine.
From the distance M’Barai hears a frantic man opening and closing doors. “Just buz you sun of Bane!” can be heard down the alley. As M’Barai rounds the corner he sees a man in ripped up clothes with blood splattered on his chest. Before M’Barai can react the man is on top of him, shouting, “No I need you gone! I need to find the door.” And in an instance M’Barai is hit from behind by an armored person.
M’Barai is finally able pull himself together enough to get up and draw his weapon the men have run down the alley shouting at each other. As he collects himself he notices an iridescent green envelope on the ground, with the words Scandalous Peacock embossed in gold letters on the front. Peaking out of it is a single piece of parchment, it is cool to the touch and has the word “TICKET” emblazoned on one side. While standing there with the envelope in hand the parchment begins to vibrate gently.
M’Barai looks to his left to see the door the stranger was banning open and closed just a moment before is sitting just a little ajar, revealing a storage room on the other side. Suddenly he is filled with the overwhelming urge to open the door. So he walks up to it closing the door. Then with a scoff then opens the door and walks through. To his suppise it is not the junk room he was expecting.

To continue, read the first post on the https://powerrangos.forumotion.com/t9-the-scandalous-peacock and post M’Barai’s reaction at the end of the thread. If you have any questions feel free to message me.
Back to top Go down
http://4thlevelgames.com

DnD 5e - M'Barai
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Power Rangos :: Games :: Characters-
Jump to: