Power Rangos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Power Rangos

This uh.... yeah... And stuff

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DnD 5e - Tariel Wolfsbane

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Whatcoloristhat

Whatcoloristhat

DnD 5e - Tariel Wolfsbane Empty
PostSubject: DnD 5e - Tariel Wolfsbane   DnD 5e - Tariel Wolfsbane Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 8:28 pm

Tariel Wolfsbane

--------------------------------------

Description:

Experience: 0/300
Level: 1

Hit Point Maximum: 8
Current Hit Points: 8

Hit Dice: 1d8
Hit Dice Remaining: 1

Race: Wood Elf
Class: Rogue Assassin
Background: Outlander
Weight: 100 lbs
Height: 5' 4"
Skin: Copper Hue
Eyes: Silver
Hair: Dark Green/Brown

Stats:

Armor Class: 14 (Leather Armor)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 35'

Skills:

Strength: 10 // +0
*Dexterity: 16 // +3
Constitution: 10 // +0
*Intelligence: 14 // +2
Wisdom:14 // +2
Charisma: 12 // +1

Passive Wisdom (Perception): 14

Saving Throws & Skill Proficiencies:

Str: +0
*Athletics: +2

*Dex: +5
*Acrobatics: +5
Sleight of Hand: +3
*Stealth: +5

Con: +0

*Int: +4
Arcana: +2
History: +4
**Investigation: +6
Nature: +2
Religion: +2

Wis: +2
Animal Handling: +2
*Insight: +4
Medicine: +2
**Perception: +6
*Survival: +4

Cha: +1
Deception: +1
Intimidation: +1
Performance: +1
Persuasion: +1

Other Proficiencies:
Light Armor
Simple Weapons
Hand Crossbows
Shortswords
Longswords
Rapiers
Longbow
Thieves' Tools
Horns

Languages:
Common
Elvish
Gnomish

Wood Elf Traits:
Dark Vision: Dim Light = Bright Light // No Light = Dim Light // 60'
Fey Ancestry: Advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep
Trance: Don't need to sleep. Semiconscious 4 hours + mental exercise = 8 hours of sleep
Mask of the Wild: Hide when lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist, and other natural phenomena

Rogue Traits:
Expertise:
-Investigation
-Perception

Thieves' Cant

Sneak Attack: 1d6 damage on advantage hit, or on distracted enemy 5' from ally

Outlander Trait:
Wanderer: Excellent memory for maps and geography, and can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around. Can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth

Weapons:

Rapier: +5 // 1d8+3 piercing // Finesse
Shortbow: +5 // 1d6+3 piercing // 80/320
Quiver: 20 arrows
Dagger x2: +5 // 1d4+3 piercing // Finesse, Light

Equipment:

Backpack:
-Staff
-Hunting Trap
-Traveler's Clothes
-50' hempen ropes strapped to the side

-10 days of Rations

Burglar's Pack:
bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, waterskin

Thieves' Tools:
small file, set of lock picks, small mirror mounted on a metal handle, set of narrow-bladed scissors, pliers

Wolfskin Cloak (trophy)
Leather Armor
Belt Pouch(10GP)

Appearance:
Tariel blends in with her environment very well. Her skin has a copper hue to it and her hair is a dark greenish brown, which particularly helps her blend into the woods where she's lived her entire life. Slender build and not very tall. Her face carries the weight of the death of loved ones, and doesn't look like someone that should be crossed.

Personality Traits:
Quiet but intimidating
I'd do anything to protect my tribe

Ideals:
Freedom from societal constructs
Has respect for all Nature

Bonds:
My tribe and beings I trust are my highest priority

Flaws:
I am slow to trust members of other races, tribes, and societies

Background:
Grew up in the Moonwood
Part of the Sky Pony Tribe

The corruption in Quatrvarr, the town South of the Sky Pony Tribe, spread so quickly, that many were captured before there was time to react. We lost many lives before we were able to push their soldiers back enough to form a small Outlander militia group and attempt a rescue of the captured elves and creatures. We were able to free a handful of our tribe members before we were ambushed and captured ourselves.

It felt like a lifetime passed, we were fed scraps, studied and tortured by ignorant Quatrvarr. In reality, it was no more than a week, but a week can feel a lifetime. I spent every waking hour comforting those near me and desperately plotting a means for our escape. Until, one evening, a strange man, with his face cloaked, started fiddling with my cell. It wasn't long before the patrol came along and noticed what was happening. In an instant, an alarm sounded, my cage door swung open, and the hood of my rescuer fell revealing his face. I had a split second to make a choice, stay with my people and face the certain death of us all, or trust this man, who shares the face of my enemies, with the lives of myself and my people. I grabbed the stranger by the hand and shouted urgently, "I'm Tariel, we need to go!"

Taking in what I could of my surroundings as we escaped, I was filled with a seething rage and intense hatred for the monsters who were responsible for so much pain. In that moment, I made a vow to the brothers and sisters I was being forced to leave behind; "I can't save you now, but I will come back for you! These demons shall pay with their blood!" I turned away from my people that day, but swore to myself and my ancestors that they would not be abandoned. I will do anything I must, to save the innocents, and destroy the savages who have brought so much pain and loss to my people.

After the escape, the mysterious man told me little of himself other than he goes by Fin. I have learned some about him from watching him, but feel no need to ask him questions I would refuse to answer myself. He seems like he may be a good man, but it's hard to see past the face of a monster and I cannot be sure I can trust him. He is a traveling companion and someone to assist me in my mission, nothing more. We do not need to share the skeletons of our past. However, this man freed me and gave me the chance to liberate my people. For that, I owe him my life and shall stay by his side until I am ready to complete my own goals, with or without him.

We spent a great deal of time in the town of Silverymoon. My days were filled training, foraging, and plotting. Fin often met with a mysterious stranger, and in the evenings he would return and inform me of our next task. I have never asked why these people have hits on them, I simply stick with him and watch his back, in an attempt to repay the debt I owe to him. This has been mutually beneficial, giving me a chance to hone my personal skills such as Investigation and Perception. Soon a need arose for a more subtle form of communication in public. I made a choice to commit myself to Fin’s class, and he has since taught me many valuable things, including Thieves’ Cant.

One evening, Fin did not join me in our usual meeting spot, sensing something was off I went searching for him. Once I tracked him down it didn’t take long to realize his task had gone awry. Fin was surrounded by a group of thugs who call themselves "Red Hands".

The leader approached Fin and started shouting at him, his weapon glinting in the moonlight, poised dangerously against Fins throat. I was still several lengths away, shrouded by the trees in the forest. I was much too far away to make out what was being said, but I knew Fin needed my help. With no time left to lose, I took a risk and readied my shortbow. The arrow whistled through the night air, My aim proved true, and the arrow flew straight through the leader's temple. The panic this caused allowed enough time for Fin to escape, but I think we both knew our time in Silverymoon was up, at least for now. The Red Hands must be dealt with, but every successful mission requires time and careful planning.

We continued further South West until we reached Waterdeep, which is where I find myself now. Poised by lamplight, in quiet barren room, awaiting the moment Fin wakes up and we can continue onto the next phase of our plan.

I will learn what is necessary to take back the Moonwood from those wretched Quatrvarrian, I will destroy every last one of them and make them feel the loss my people have felt. Fin may come from these people but I hope that when the time I comes I can trust him to assist me in my plight. I hope I am more to him than another mission.

Last edited by Whatcoloristhat on Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:03 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Details)
Back to top Go down
Plix

Plix

DnD 5e - Tariel Wolfsbane Empty
PostSubject: Re: DnD 5e - Tariel Wolfsbane   DnD 5e - Tariel Wolfsbane Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 3:04 pm

After the long journey from Silverymoon to Waterdeep Tariel flops down on the been of the dirty inn she managed to get a room at. The city is lowd. There are so many more people than she has ever seen in one place, and that was just on the walk from the gate to here. The sun is down but no one is sleeping and there is so much light. Plus the smells are all wrong. The scent of metal, spices and oil smoke invade Tariel’s nostrils. But none of this was what made her sit up in bed with a start. It was the rich soothing voice of a woman, “Your a long way from home.” Sitting up with a start Tariel is faced with a wood elf woman sitting at the end of her bed, in scout leathers made to look like leaves of gold and reds over her dark smooth skin. Her mane of curly rust colored hair frames her face. Turning from the window to look at Tariel she continues to speak, “And you have made many enemies. It looks like you will have to get stronger to be able to beat them all.” She stands and brushes herself off then reaches into her pack and pulls out a green envelope with the words “Scandalous Peacock” embossed on the front in gold letters. Within the envelope is a single piece of metallic parchment. It is cold to the touch and has the world “TICKET” emblazoned on one side. “You’ll need a door for that to work.” she holds out her hand and Tariel is compelled to take it(in the future you will be able to make decisions this is just an intro cutscene) they then walk to the door of the room. The elf then opens it but instead of the hall there is a vestibule with lush carpet and vases of peacock feathers. On the far side sits a man at a desk. As Tariel steps through the door she realizes that the woman is no longer with her and turns back to see where she has gone. But insted of an elf she sees a strange looking man in entertainers clothes and a tall hat. He winks and tips his hat as the door closes.

Welcome to the Scandalous Peacock, where those with wealth and influence or just the needy come to find adventurers. Feel free to eat and drink as much as you like, but do not participate in violence or you will be dealt with harshly. This is a neutral place. Tariel we have been expecting you. Fin is at the bar.
He beckons and the door opens revealing a the estate within. Lavishly appointed there is a large bar with many tables ringed by a series of booths with high backed chairs and a drape that can be pulled to provide privacy. There are a handful of people in the midst of making deals, enjoying drinks or looking for work. Nestled into one corner there is a stage with a few players filling the room with music. There are stairs that lead up to a series of rooms with large tables surrounded by chairs and the floor above that is filled with rooms meant to be slept in. As you are about to step across the threshold, the man behind holds out a key with a room number attached to it.

This is your room key. On behalf of Grixxus, enjoy your stay and good luck in your adventures.

To continue go to https://powerrangos.forumotion.com/t9-the-scandalous-peacock and post your response at the bottom.
Back to top Go down
http://4thlevelgames.com

DnD 5e - Tariel Wolfsbane
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Power Rangos :: Games :: Characters-
Jump to: