Power Rangos

This uh.... yeah... And stuff
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Scandalous Peacock

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Plix

avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2016-07-20
Age : 29

PostSubject: The Scandalous Peacock    Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:54 pm

The man behind the counter is a well kept and adorned with fancy dress that accents his pale green skin. As you enter he nods and speaks firm but almost singsong voice.
Welcome to the Scandalous Peacock, where those with wealth and influence or just the needy come to find adventurers. Feel free to eat and drink as much as you like, but do not participate in violence or you will be dealt with harshly. This is a neutral place. Feel free to seek your fortune here.”
He beckons and the door opens revealing a the estate within. Lavishly appointed there is a large bar with many tables ringed by a series of booths with high backed chairs and a drape that can be pulled to provide privacy. There are a hand full of people in the midst of making deals, enjoying drinks or looking for work. Nestled into one corner there is a stage with a few players filling the room with music. There are stairs that lead up to a series of rooms with large tables surrounded by chairs and the floor above that is filled with rooms meant to be slept in. As you are about to step across the threshold, the man behind holds out a key with a room number attached to it.
This is your room key. On behalf of Grixxus, enjoy your stay and good luck in your adventures.



Role play example and guidelines coming soon.

OOC: Guidelines for rolling D20 checks:
Because the tools built in to the forum are inconsistent, I recommend using random.org, and setting the box on the right to min: 1, max 20, and hitting generate. This will give you a standard D20 roll. Add your D20 modifier (your skill modifier, attack bonus, etc.) to get the end result of your roll. Whatever check you're rolling, I recommend either putting it in line in parenthesis in the middle of your post, or grouping all of your rolls at the end of the post. It's probably good to break out the roll and the modifier so that if there are multiple bonuses going in they're visible.


Example: I want to roll a deception check to bluff my way past a guard. I have a +4 skill mod. Random.org gives me a 9, so I'd write something like "I try to convince the guard that I'm really a cleaning lady who is just running late (Deceive 9 + 4 = 13).


This way it's obvious where the skill check is going, and if there are multiple checks made in a post it eliminates the confusion. It also works well with attacks, since sometimes you'll be making more than one. The other benefit of this is that, if you have a very good idea of the outcome, you can use the check to influence what you write. 


Example: I unsheathe my dagger and stab at the orc's neck (Attack 2 + 2 = 4) and end up flailing around in the air somewhere in the general vicinity of the orc's upper torso.


Last edited by Plix on Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://4thlevelgames.com
Keraos
Admin


Posts : 12
Join date : 2016-07-10

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:07 am

Deuro stares out the door for a few moments, completely caught off guard by the feathers. This... does not seem to be where I went to sleep. I hate it when this happens. With a brief sigh, he closes his door again and quickly grabs his coin purse, marked cards, and staff. He pauses, then tucks a dagger up the sleeve of his sleeve (Sleight of Hand 16 + 3 = 19), making sure that it's not too obvious. 

Popping open his disguise kit, he spreads a dash of silvery powder through his hair to mask it's unnaturally void-like blackness, and pauses to stare at his reflection. Well. I don't look completely like I've lost my mind. Thank goodness it's not too obvious. He grins a bit, the silver of his eyes twinkling. But I will need to hide these damn spines. Make it so hard to blend in. Taking a few pinches of gel from his disguise kit, he carefully shapes his hair to cover the two short ridges of spiny horns which run through his hair (Deception 8 + 5 = 13). Hm. Not the best I've done. But also not the worst. I still don't know how that bastard expected me to make myself look like a halfling. Can't believe he had the nerve to blame me when they didn't buy it. Tallest damn halfling ever.

Fianlly he turns his attention to the ticket, studying it closely (Investigation 9 + 4 = 15). Well now this is a strange little item. Seems like something to keep close by. Tucking it inside his shirt, he shivers a bit at it's coolness.

Packing his remaining few belongings into his bag, Deuro takes a last look around the room. Okay. Time to figure out where I am, and how much money I can make. Not much more to see here, as far as I can tell. Deuro opens the door, and steps out into the vestibule to explore the area, and finds himself greeted by the man behind the desk. "...to seek your fortune here." 


Deuro's face quirks into a grin, nodding to the gentleman. "I think I'll do just that. Thank you, sir." He steps forward, peering through the opened doorway at the estate within. Pocketing the key, Deuro nods again to the man behind the counter. "My thanks to you, sir. And my regards to Grixxus." Deuro slides a few silver across the desk to the gentleman before stepping through the doorway and taking a wandering, indirect path toward the bar to give himself time to think and study. Hm. Always more of a risk trying to grift in a nicer place like this. I'll have to be careful. Should be fun. His eyes roam throughout the room looking for anyone of particular note who stands out, either a possible mark or competition (Investigation 19 + 4 = 23). He walks past the bar, nodding to the bartender, and heading upstairs to find his private room.


OOC: Well. I hope these rolls keep up. Mmmm. Rolls.


Last edited by Keraos on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:42 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://powerrangos.forumotion.com
gears1992



Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-09-01

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:34 pm

Tyvir stares into the oddly blank mans face. "Thanks." He says quickly and takes the key from the counter before sidling up to the bar and an equally blank barman. "I'll take whatever you've got I suppose." Tyvir says as he takes out his notebook.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Plix

avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2016-07-20
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:00 pm

A rotund man with a bubbly smile works behind the counter and seems elated at the idea that he can get Tyvir a drink. “Absolutly sir.” He plops down a steel tankard in front of Tyvir, pops a cork off a brown glass bottle and begins to fill the tankard. Before he has finished pouring he looks up to Tyvir, “So I haven’t seen you around here before. If you are looking for someone to do a job place your ticket face down on your table or next to you at the bar. If you are looking for an adventure or coin or just something to do look for someone with a face down ticket on their table.” He laughs a big laugh, his belly bouncing as he does so, stopping the pour just before the tankard runs over. Corking the bottle he continues, “But you had figured that out already.” Leaning in, making a quick glance around the bar he asks, “So what brings you in this fine day?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://4thlevelgames.com
gears1992



Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-09-01

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:38 pm

Tyvir is surprised at the quick change of face of the barman. He smirks in an attempt to match the new demeanor but obviously fails miserably.

Tyvir places the ticket face down next to him on the bar and takes his drink.
"I am always looking for work but there doesn't appear to be anyone else here... I am a hunter of sorts. I am here because of this"
he picks up the ticket and places it back down as he reaches into his cloak and pulls out what looks like an old deep red rag. 
"In fact... I think you may be able to help me with this... I believe it is part of a robe or cloak. See, these runes glow softly almost imperceptibly but definitely magical. Possibly a druid or a wizard's maybe? I should think that someone in this obviously magical establishment might have seen it or something like it before."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Plix

avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2016-07-20
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:53 pm

Well there are few people around.” He makes a broad sweeping motion with his arm indicating the hand full of people in the midst of making deals, enjoying drinks or looking for work. (Which you had failed to notice before almost like god had forgotten to mention their existence.) “See there looks like a lad looking for a job now, or at least he isn’t sure what he is doing.” Calling out to Deuro, “You there Tiefling come on over. This lad could use a hand on his hunt and you look like this your first time here.” He waits patiently for Deuro to approach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://4thlevelgames.com
Keraos
Admin


Posts : 12
Join date : 2016-07-10

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:11 am

Deuro's eyes narrow briefly as his race is identified, but he quickly recovers and turns with a bright grin. He takes a moment to study the bartender as he approaches, and shifts his posture to mirror the barkeep's relaxed and genial attitude. "Aye, always happy and willing to help." His eyes slide to the piece of cloth, and his head quirks to the side. "Looks like an old piece of fabric, mean something to you?"

Deuro smiles and looks to the bartender, tapping twice on the bar. "One for me too, if you don't mind. Nothing like a nice drink to start the morning." Well either the Traveller has finally shattered my mind, or this is an oddity. Usually I don't walk straight from my room into a new tavern, unless I've just set fire to the old one. Still, seems like a nice enough place.


Last edited by Keraos on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://powerrangos.forumotion.com
gears1992



Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-09-01

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:06 am

Tyvir surveys the now somewhat bustling room for a few moments taking in the faces and apparel of the patrons. I hate having my back to the room but this place, I don't think it will matter much. - he thinks to himself as he turns back to Deuro.  

"Before arriving here I had just accepted a contract to find 3 missing children for some nobles. This was the only thing they could find out of place hanging from the estate gate. I've never seen these runes before, but I am also not very familiar with magic. I hunt creatures, not cast spells." He says while passing the cloth to Deuro.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keraos
Admin


Posts : 12
Join date : 2016-07-10

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:01 pm

Accepting the cloth with a nod, Deuro looks closely at it (Investigation 4 + 2 =6. There's the type of roll I know and love). Well, it's... definitely fabric. Let's see what I can figure out on these glyphs...  (Arcana 5 + 4 = 9). "Seems like a pleasant enough assignment. Leaving behind a scrap of fabric like this seems... well. It happens." Deuro shrugs and turns his attention back to the cloth, looking closer at it. Deuro's hand briefly moves to his deck of cards, but he decides against it. Nah. No sense in making this too dramatic. He ponders for a few moments, then returns the cloth. "Hard to tell with only a partial set, but these look like runes relating to concealment. Possibly invisibility. They're definitely arcane runes, though I don't know that I could say exactly which school of wizards use these. They do remind me of Thay runes though."

Deuro shrugs and turns to his mug. "Sorry I can't be of more help in identifying those."

_________________
Deuro Wildseer

AC 12 | HP 10/10 | Crossbow +3/1d8+1 - Dagger +3/1d4+1 - Mace -1/1d6-1


Last edited by Keraos on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://powerrangos.forumotion.com
gears1992



Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-09-01

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:16 pm

Stowing the cloth back into his cloak pocket. "It is alright. I only just accepted the contract after all, wouldn't be fun without a little struggle I suppose. I appreciate you taking a look for me."

Tyvir removes his notebook from his satchel and makes a note of what Deuro's guesses at the cloth could be. Then sets the book down in front of himself and places a hand on the pockmarked and shaggy dark brown leather book and takes a long drink from his tankard.

"So, barman. What is the magic of this place? Where exactly are we?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A Snobby Pigeon



Posts : 5
Join date : 2016-09-01

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:24 pm

Birdsong takes a long deep sigh and looks over at his faithful Treant companion, Barkbite. Barkbite seems to be a little troubled at our arrival here. I'll keep myself aware. Birdsong retrieves the key with a subtle nod to the man and cautiously walks over to the musical stage and takes a seat. 

Enjoying the music and thinking They really need to add some more Bagpipes to this performance. Birdsong continues scanning the entire room meticulously. 

"What's unnerving you, pal?" Birdsong says to Barkbite as he looks over and see's Barkbite's arms uneasily shaking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Plix

avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2016-07-20
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:27 am

Straightening up the barman walks to another pattern that has walked up to the bar. He is worn and wears the signet of the City Watch (Waterdeep’s police force) he sits and makes a meek gesture to the bar man who is already beginning to pour a tankard with a dark liquid from a small wooden cask that he had produced from below the bar. “Well you are in Waterdeep. Where in Waterdeep precisely, only Grixxus knows.” The bartender fains a spooky face and finger wiggle before re-corking the cask. The City Watch member scoffs and takes a long pull from his drink, a little color returning to his cheeks. He then takes in a deep breath, wipes the foam off his face and a smile onto it. He then pulls out his ticket. and places it facedown in front of himself.
As far as magic goes, this place is covered in it. You will find it very difficult to draw your weapons or to cast any spells. Not that you would want to, any damage you attempt to inflict is done to you. Time also moves a bit...different here.” The City Watch member nods at this as he sips his drink, scanning the room and those that enter.
If you are wondering about getting out of here or back in again, that has some rules. The door man can let you out at a few different places around the city but the will change all the time. To get in again just have your ticket in your hand, don’t be around anyone and open a door, if it is the right one it will open to hear. Usually the ticket will buzz when you are close.” The big man pauses and thinks for a moment staring off into the rafters. “Ya that about does it for what I know. Does that answer your question?




Across the room Barkbite responds slowly unsure of itself. “Magic strange. Touches all...over.” He sways his shoulders back and forth letting a few small leaves float off of his back benches.

Seeing Birdsong enter the bar the City Watch member at the bar waves to Birdsong by raising his mug and beckoning him with a sluggish nod.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://4thlevelgames.com
gears1992



Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-09-01

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:33 am

Tyvir glances to the guardsman and back to his tankard before taking a sip.
"Alright." He said simply.
"Who is Grixxus?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A Snobby Pigeon



Posts : 5
Join date : 2016-09-01

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:00 am

Birdsong nods politely to the City Watch member and turns to Barkbite. "There's nothing to worry about bud, everyone here seem's pretty friendly." I hope I'm right, this place seems very unlike any usual tavern.

Any normal elf would just go up and enjoy drinks with others, right? My sitting alone is indicative to self-isolation. I can't let anyone know my motives.

"Barkbite, join me at the bar." Birdsong struts over to the bar and waves a hearty hello to his fellow bar mates. "Vedui' everyone! I'm Birdsong Wingflapper, and this is my pal Barkbite. A noble Treant of the High Forest.

Birdsong looks curiously at what the others are drinking and turns to the Barman. "I'll have that!" Birdsong points at the drink Tyvir is having.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keraos
Admin


Posts : 12
Join date : 2016-07-10

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:20 am

Deuro nods as he takes a long drink. "Aye, it'd be nice to know who our unexpected benefactor is. Also, what kind of work is typically solicited here?" He takes another long pull from his drink. Waterdeep? Well I guess that's what I get for following the Traveler. Long distance, unexpected, insane travel opportunities. He pops a coin out of his pocket and walks it across his knuckles as the thinks and glances at the City Watch member's ticket. "And is there work that you're looking to have done?"

Turning to look at the new arrival, Deuro quirks an eyebrow and grins. "Hello, Birdsong. 'm Deuro. Pleased to make your acquaintance."

_________________
Deuro Wildseer

AC 12 | HP 10/10 | Crossbow +3/1d8+1 - Dagger +3/1d4+1 - Mace -1/1d6-1
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://powerrangos.forumotion.com
gears1992



Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-09-01

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:01 pm

Tyvir nods slightly to the strange new arrival and raises his tankard to Birdsong for a moment. He turns back to the bar and tips his tankard to Deuro. "Agreed" he shouts a little more aggressively than he meant to. Noticing that he feels slightly warm and unencumbered.

He pauses and looks down at the small creature of wood and examines him (Nature 16 + 2 + 2 =20) and grins at the creature looking back at him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Plix

avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2016-07-20
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:47 am

The bar man laughs at Tyvir, the rumble bouncing his belly. And even the worn guard chuffs at the question. “Ain’t that just the question.” The barman laughs. “We don’t know much about Grixxus. He built the place and brought me here, or created me or saved me. I don’t know much before I was here. But then I really don’t know who he is. The other workers know that he is our benefactor and that this is his…” The bar man trails off looking off into the distance, lost deep in thought and is interrupted by Birdsong.


Hello Birdsong. It looks as though you are new here.” Under his breath he mutters, “Looks like Grixxus is busy again.” Then addressing Birdsong again, “As I was telling these nice chaps, if you are looking for work look for patrons with their tickets on the table face down. Like him and him.” He points to the City Watch member and Tyvir. “And to answer your question,” he says nodding to Deuro, “There are about every job here. They range in difficulty and who you work for. Hell you could be working for the Underdark to the City Watch.” he gestures toward the haggard man at the bar just finishing his drink. “What manner of job do you have for them Jolent?


The man sets his mug down brushes off his goatee, turning to the small group that has gathered around the bar. He clears his throat and starts into a spiel that he has clearly said a hundred times, “The city of Waterdeep seeks brave souls to brave the depths of your under city in search of pockets of malignant colonies. Or to catch and return the criminal,” he pauses to check a sheaf of papers he has with him. He nods to himself remembering what he was here to take care of. “Cladus McNanam. In addition there has been increased crime in and around that dock ward.” He pauses and turns a few more pages. He grimaces as he reads one of the pages. “And the March of the Dead is in 2 weeks and I’ll need as many deputies as I muster.” He turns to the barman seeing if he had thought of everything. The bar man just shrugged and turnes to the group.



Tyriv knows that his is a fey creature. It is intelligent but with the mind of a child. They usually are in Fey forests, one of the few truly benevolent creatures to be found in enchanted forests. They normally serve as a dryad or other spirits servant as they are more mobile than these spirits. That being said they rarely are seen by mortals and even more rarely are seen outside of their forest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://4thlevelgames.com
vivacious_undersnout

avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2016-09-07

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:07 am

As he takes the ticket from the strange man with a small nod, M'Barai makes his way to the bar, and sits down a couple chairs away from the group already gathered there. Getting the barman's attention, he points to a bottle of inexpensive rum on the shelf, silently thanking the man when the drink is brought over. He uses the opportunity to see how interested the barman and the other patrons are in his arrival (Perception 10 + 3 = 13) This is strange, and I have seen much on open waters. I know not if there is anything to be wary of in this place. After a few sips of his drink he gets the barman's attention once more. "Friend, what is this place? Why have I been brought here?" He has also been listening to the conversation next to him in bits and pieces, and is intrigued by the prospect of something to interrupt the doldrums of his recent work. He is also interested in whatever Grixxus is, hoping he has heard the name somewhere (History 17 + 2 = 19) I could swear that name is known to me. I am not sure if I can place how.

OOC I know most of what's going on by reading the other posts, just doing introductory stuff for the sake of RP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gears1992



Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-09-01

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:16 am

"Essentially a man hunt then?" Tyvir asked and noticed, once again, a bit more loudly than he intended.

"I think I have had enough of this." He murmured as he pushed away the tankard towards the barman.

He turned to the guardsman and examined him for a moment. "So guardsman, do all guards know of and have access to this inn? I would also like to know more about these tasks of yours."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A Snobby Pigeon



Posts : 5
Join date : 2016-09-01

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:31 am

In a hasty motion, Birdsong looks over at the other two's tickets and immediately takes his ticket out and arranges it exactly as the others. Ah how foolish! I should have noticed the others tickets. That's what normal beings would do! Hopefully nobody thought that was oafish of me!


"Yes, I'm delighted to meet you all! I don't know quite what led me here, I hope I'm not the only one confused but the march of the dead sounds horrendously fun! I would be happy to put forth my staff for you. Barkbite isn't a big fan of combat, but he takes part when he needs to, isn't that right, buddy?" 


Birdsong elbows Barkbite in the shoulder and weeks. Barkbite looks over at Birdsong with an incedibly stoic face and looks forward. Bird song smiles long and awkwardly and continues onward.

"Anyways, anything that can get closer to finding someone, would be great so if there are any adventures in need of help and they would get me closer to finding...her, I would happily insist on helping!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keraos
Admin


Posts : 12
Join date : 2016-07-10

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:25 pm

Looking a little incredulous, Deuro smiles as he looks around. And no one has asked about money yet. Huh. Pretty sure that's the whole point, unless there's power to be had. He clears his throat and looks at the City Watch guard. "It seems like you might have a few people willing to help. I'm curious though, what kind of compensation are you able to offer for these tasks? And would we have official roles and designations, or would we be operating in an unofficial capacity?"

A gentle ripple of warmth pulses out from his amulet through his body, tingling as it reaches his fingers. Okay. Asking the right questions now, I guess. Traveler guide me as I meld and bend and distort. Deuro slides his pack of cards out of his pocket and begins to fidget and play with the deck. Deuro glances over to the newer arrivals. More heads, more to split the pot. Still, might be able to swing a bigger pot overall... or get them to handle smaller jobs while I tackle the lucrative ones. Have to get a feel for their temperaments and skills. "You too, sailor? I guess Grixxus has been quite busy, whoever he is." Deuro extends a hand and a smile. "'m Deuro. I think the lot of us just showed up here and are getting our bearings still."

_________________
Deuro Wildseer

AC 12 | HP 10/10 | Crossbow +3/1d8+1 - Dagger +3/1d4+1 - Mace -1/1d6-1
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://powerrangos.forumotion.com
Plix

avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2016-07-20
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:15 pm

M’Barai you notice that there are 3 different people watching you, and sizing you up. A cloaked man peeking around the shroud of his booth, and a pair of well dressed middle aged women, one a Gnome and the other a high elf, but both in fine clothes.  And you have heard the name Grixxus before. About 6 years back, when you first arrived in Waterdeep there was a lot of buzz about Grixxus holding some sort of contest. What you remember she was a very wealthy woman, a nobel mostlickly. She is very wealthy and very powerful elf.


Addressing M’Barai, the barman speaks, “Well my good man your are in the Scandalous Peacock. Here people are either looking for work or have a job that needs to be done. Like these three fine men.” He gestures to the face down TICKETS in front of the City Watch member, Birdsong and Tyvir. “They are all looking for someone to complete a task. As to why you are here, no one really knows why they are given a ticket but as best as we can tell it is because they hold potential. Now it could be that they weren’t destined for greatness, or them being here has led them to greatness. All that we know for sure is if you are here your life will get... he glances at the City Watch member, “interesting.

Then the City Watch member speaks, “How I got here is a long and pained story that I would be willing to tell once my duty here is done for the day. As to the task. It is precisely that, a man hunt. It is 1000 gold for him head and 1500 if you can bring him in alive. And that’s total not per per person. As far as the information, it really depends on what information you bring back. If you can bring back good information you could get as much as 2000 total. And yes you will be given papers to legitimize your work. That being said going outside your duty or attempt to use your authority to perpetrate crime and you will be charged.

Also I’m sorry if I didn’t say this right before but if you have a facedown TICKET that means you have a quest you want people to complete.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://4thlevelgames.com
gears1992



Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-09-01

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:22 pm

"I would like to see a copy of the bounty if you have one on you..." Tyvir says with apparent interest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Plix

avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2016-07-20
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:17 pm

The guard shuffles through his sheaf of papers and produces a wanted paper.


______________________
Cladus McNanam
Wanted for:
Theft
Extortion
Mayhem
Arson
Description: 7’8” 301lb
Red Dragonblooded
Red skin, Black hair
Tiamat tattoo on
Right shoulder


Last edited by Plix on Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://4thlevelgames.com
vivacious_undersnout

avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2016-09-07

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:53 pm

M'Barai leaves his place at the bar, heading to the gathered group. "M'Barai," he says, addressing the group and holding his hand to his chest. "I will assist in this." He also takes Duero's extended hand, giving it a hard squeeze.
He gestures to the wanted poster and asks the Watchman "What can you tell us of this man? Where may he be found?"
He also looks at the assembled crew, attempting to catch any symbols of affiliation, to a guild, gang, or life. (Perception 17 + 3 = 20) I do not wish to judge another by their past, or even present, but I would know what my services are benefiting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gears1992



Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-09-01

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:43 pm

Tyvir removes a makeshift pencil from his bag and opens his notebook to a blank page and begins copying down the information for the bounty. As he listens for the answer to the question this other patron had asked. After all it was to be his very next question.


This will go with the stack of others I guess. I dislike all of these bounties on people. I hope this is at least more interesting than the last few and I better get paid for this one too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Plix

avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2016-07-20
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:23 am

Jolent ganders at some of the notes he has in front of him. “It looks like he is rumored to be in or around the Trade Ward. We have confirmed that he is the leader of the Silver Bear Gang and is presumably at the hideout, wherever that is. The Silver Bears are perpetrated mostly petty crime, muggings, extortion and general mayhem.” Jolent shrugs, clearly this is a problem that has been going on for a while but isn’t too high on the priority list. “That’s all I was told. If you there is more to be had it would be at the City Watch precinct in the Trade Ward.


From the looks of it all of these chaps are combat ready. The weapons and armor alone is a good indication of that, but also the way they hold themselves and they keen eye they keep on the room reminds M’Barai of himself. The High Elf and one of the Tieflings look like they are ready to head out into nature, while the other Tiefling seems more like a city dweller.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://4thlevelgames.com
Precious J



Posts : 8
Join date : 2016-09-08

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:35 am

"Petty crime?  Extortion?  Unacceptable!"

Pushing his way into the conversation he obviously knows nothing about and was not invited to, the haggardly looking Pillsbury beams with excitement.  "Obviously this is what my master, Bahdok the Wise, may whichever deities care look fondly upon his soul, has trained me to do!  Tis no accident that one such has I has arrived at such a time as this!  Direct me, dear sir, to the ne'er do wells and I shall teach them a thing or two, for I am a powerful wizard, and they shall rue, yes RUE the day they decided to do horredelous...er...horribiffic...umm...bad things!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keraos
Admin


Posts : 12
Join date : 2016-07-10

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:51 am

Deuro grins. "Well now, I wouldn't say that petty crime is such a terrible thing always. Just sounds like they're creating problems for the city and that's clearly not acceptable. Still, sounds like a... friendly lot. I suspect that we're likely to run into a spot of resistance from the gang. Any issue with us sorting out that trouble? Any bounties on their heads too?" At random, Deuro pulls a couple cards from the deck, flipping out a 4 clubs, 10 diamonds, 8 hearts, and giggles quietly to himself. Well. Seems fairly accurate, though not particularly auspicious. This should be an interesting adventure! Deuro folds the cards back into the deck and keeps fidgeting, shuffling and playing with the cards.

Deuro turns to study the wizard with a smile. "Well, I hope you don't burn him entirely to ashes, he's worth a bit extra if we keep him breathing. I'm Deuro. I'm afraid the legend of your powers hasn't made it to my ears quite yet, you are...?"

_________________
Deuro Wildseer

AC 12 | HP 10/10 | Crossbow +3/1d8+1 - Dagger +3/1d4+1 - Mace -1/1d6-1
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://powerrangos.forumotion.com
vivacious_undersnout

avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2016-09-07

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:20 am

M'Barai cocks an eyebrow at the newcomer. This place certainly has a way of bringing people together. "M'Barai," once more holding his hand to his mailed chest. "We all seem to be strangers, still." He gives a sidelong glance to Deuro. The cards are not strange to him. He has long consulted the bones, that his ancestors might give him advice. Many soldiers and sailors have similar customs. He's more interested in the prospective partner's read on the enthusiastic fellow before them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gears1992



Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-09-01

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:31 am

Tyvir finishes making the notes so far and looks back at Jolent.

"So who is our point of contact officially? Once we have his head or clapped him in irons, where do we take him?" Tyvir says while standing up from the bar with his notebook at the ready.

"...I mean no offence to you, but I have a history of not getting paid for bounties on people. I will be coming to you if that happens. Remember that."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Precious J



Posts : 8
Join date : 2016-09-08

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:34 am

Noting that he has suddenly become the center of someones attention, Pillsbury squares his shoulders, puffs out his chest, takes a deep breath, then coughs out plumes of smoke.

"*cough* I a-*cough* am Pillsburry Ru*hack hack cough*mpusson, the no*wheeze*t yet mighty and almo-*cough* almost wise, soon to be bringer of *hack* wonders and one day crea*cough*tor of misery to evil!"  Pillsbury gets distracted for a moment patting soot from his clothes and hair he had not realized was there, bringing on another coughing fit.  Now THAT was an introduction to amaze the masses if I ever saw one!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Plix

avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2016-07-20
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:43 am

Upkeep note: You can do whatever you want. I have provided a hand full of missions and there are more to be found but if there is something that you think your character would rather do feel free. Also not all of you have to got as a single group. Splitting the party isn’t a problem in this format. In addition don’t feel like you have to stay in the Scandalous Peacock. I know that most of you are still on introductions and information gathering, and that is good, but once you are ready to leave say that you are heading out and I’ll take care of that. Thank you for your cooperation and i now return you to your regularly scheduled program.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://4thlevelgames.com
Keraos
Admin


Posts : 12
Join date : 2016-07-10

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:52 am

Smiling at the coughing wizard, Deuro gestures to the bartender. "I think he might need something. Uh. Something light, probably."

Looking around at the assembled group, Deuro nods slowly and folds away the cards into their box looking at the City Watch member. "Excellent. I think it's safe to say that we'll tackle your gang leader. I'll keep my ears open for any information as well." Turning to the rest of the group Deuro gestures toward a large table. "Might be a good idea for us to offer proper introductions. Nice to know who someone is before they have a blade in their hand, or a spell in the air." With a chuckle, Deuro grabs his drink and a seat, and leans the chair back on two legs, making himself quite at ease.

Well. We have muscle, we have magic, we have a way to make money. I guess we just need to figure out what we mean when we say we so we aren't caught off guard by... we... Sighing a bit at himself, Deuro takes another long drink from his mug.

_________________
Deuro Wildseer

AC 12 | HP 10/10 | Crossbow +3/1d8+1 - Dagger +3/1d4+1 - Mace -1/1d6-1
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://powerrangos.forumotion.com
Precious J



Posts : 8
Join date : 2016-09-08

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:38 pm

Grabbing for the first drink handed to him, Pillsbury takes a long swig, washing down the ash and soot.  "Ahhhh, much better!  Now, as Deuro pointed out, a true wizard does not travel with just any riff raff.  I wish to know the names of those who will soon become famous as part of the tale of Pillsbury the Shall-Some-Day-Be-Adored?"

Ordering another drink, Pillsbury sits, looking quite pleased with himself, taking great care of the large satchel he holds that seems almost full to bursting of strange nick knacks and odd reagents.  

"And...ummm...what are we doing by the way?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A Snobby Pigeon



Posts : 5
Join date : 2016-09-01

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:10 pm

Birdsong is absolutely intrigued by listening to all the ramblings about missions and what not and he darts his eyes over at Barkbite who's looking back at him. It's times like these I prayed Barkbite and I worked harder on Telepathy. It would be splendid to know what the little guy is thinking right now.


This Deuro seems eager to know who we all are, I presume performing would be best at this moment. Okay Birdsong, act tough. Act brave."


"OH This all sounds marvelous. REALLY I expected something a bit more...Audacious. I am intrigued by the request though. This Gang leader doesn't seem to be to much of a threat to my vicious winds of nature. Barkbite and I would be glad to help take part in a menial mission such as this. I do need the money anyways." Birdsong scoffs, brushing some dust off his shoulder exasperatingly. 

Birdsong looks over at Barkbite and secretly shoots him a thumbs up and a wink. Barkbite rolls his eyes.

I think I got them right where I want them, with an introduction like that, there's no way they could think I'm a coward. Plus I hear doing it for the money is the toughest of warriors do...right? Maybe. I just need enough to find her...


Birdsong firms the grip on his mug.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Precious J



Posts : 8
Join date : 2016-09-08

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:25 pm

Pillsbury waves his cup at the newcomer, spilling no small amount, but not seeming to notice.  "Aha!  This one knows indeed what the situation is like!  I, Pillsbury the future great and someday powerful welcomes you to our circle, as you obviously are a man of great stature and prowess, keen intellect and mighty in nature with an introduction like that!"  

Seeming like he has thrown enough big words around to sound like he has done this sort of thing before, Pillsbury takes a large swig of his mug.  Odd, I could have sworn there was more in here...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gears1992



Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-09-01

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:05 pm

Tyvir picks up his ticket and readys himself for departure.

"I am going to be leaving now. I am going to see what I can learn about our target and in fact this gang."

He pauses for a few moments while looking at all of the potential companions. He thinks back to the few times he has been to the trade ward. (Int(investigation) 8+2+2=12)

"There is a tavern down the road from the trade precinct with an inn on top of it... I cant quite remember the name. Meet me there once you all have gotten everything you need. If I can find out anything I will let you know and we can continue from there."

Tyvir turns and walks past the crowd and out the door.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vivacious_undersnout

avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2016-09-07

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:03 am

M'Barai leavs the table as well. "I will be there shortly."


I think the introductions were already done. This isn't me trying to play an intentionally rude character.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Precious J



Posts : 8
Join date : 2016-09-08

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:18 am

"Capital idea, let us away!"  

Wait, what?  Leaving already?  Is this what adventurers do?  Why, I haven't even had lunch yet!  No matter, I can't let them know this is my first real adventure outside my own home and without Master around.


"Can't let those thugs pick on people a moment longer!  The more we tarry, the worse it gets!"


Pillsbury hops up from his chair, and begins to lead the way...until he remembers he has no idea where he is going and decides to follow M'Barai instead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Plix

avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2016-07-20
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:30 am

Looks like we are breaking off into groups. So what we will do is who is going solo and who is going as a group. Once you have mentioned that we will get you into your roll20.net. If you don’t have an account you should get one. It is free and awesome.
 
Tyvir your continuation starts here: [url=https://app.roll20.net/join/1668772/JuHHbQ]https://app.roll20.net/join/1668772/JuHHbQ[/url]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://4thlevelgames.com
Plix

avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2016-07-20
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:28 am

As the groups are leaving they will brake off into roll20.net groups. A link will be shared with you if you are leaving the Scandalous Peacock. When you click on it it will take you to the roll20 game that you are a part of. There is a forum that is attached to the game that will take care of most of the game play but if there is combat we will use the map portion of the game. If you have questions I am here to help.


M’Barai and Pillsbury you have said you are leaving so here is your link[url= https://app.roll20.net/join/1668942/1NqTLw] https://app.roll20.net/join/1668942/1NqTLw[/url]

If anyone wants to join M’Barai and Pillsbury let me know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://4thlevelgames.com
Church6633

avatar

Posts : 61
Join date : 2016-09-15
Age : 28
Location : Everett,WA

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:41 am

Fin, holding the ticket in his hand, walks into the Scandalous Peacock. He immediately puts the ticket into his pocket. Greeted and handed a key, he slides it into his pocket as well.

Then it hit him, where is Tariel? I was just in my room at the inn in Waterdeep? 

Fin looks around to take in his surroundings (Wis(Perception) 15-1+2=16). Fin notices there are people around the tavern, some with tickets on the table, and some just drinking with others and having casual conversation, and particularly the barman that seems to have a general sense of what's going on.

Trying to think back on what this place might be, (Wis(Insight) 20-1+2=21), Fin remembers that there were elderly members in Quatrvarr that seemed lost in dementia that would wander off in thought about a secret place of Waterdeep.

Hoping to maybe get some answers, Fin collects himself and walks up the bar. He beckons the barkeep over, "May I please have a pint of your finest? I'm having the craziest dream, I might as well enjoy it." Fin pinches himself to make sure and realizes this is no dream.


Last edited by Church6633 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://churchprogramming.weebly.com
Brunar Olfellow

avatar

Posts : 11
Join date : 2016-09-08

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:11 pm

Brunar barely takes in the sights of the bar as he enters through the mysterious door, mind occupied by the events unfolding. Passing through the tables he slumps down at the far end of the bar, trying to find an isolated seat.    

I may be able to sort this nonsense out once I’ve had time to think.

Head propped up by his right hand Brunar dumps the ticket and key in a pile on the counter, idly inspecting the establishment and people within, occasionally inspecting the key and ticket [Wis(Perception) 12+1+2=15]
His mind finally settling from the last moments before the door, he starts to realize the layout of the building and relaxes a bit.

This place seems safe enough for a drink or two… some relaxation is in order, this sure has been a taxing few days. 

Raising his hand he flags down the bartender for a drink.
“Excuse me fine sir. I’ll take a stout mead, if you’d please.”
Reaching for his coin purse he places it onto the counter, readying payment for the upcoming drinks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Church6633

avatar

Posts : 61
Join date : 2016-09-15
Age : 28
Location : Everett,WA

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:15 pm

While waiting on the bartender to get him a drink, it's easily noticeable that Fin is rather fidgety and constantly checking the door he came through.

I need to figure out how to get back to Tariel. By this point, she's got to know I'm missing. I wonder if she'll be able to find where I'm at.

Hoping to find some answers about his whereabouts, and his friend, Fin takes notices of the Dwarf that plopped down at the other end.

"Hey you, any idea what this place is? Where were you before you came through that door...?" Fin says, still baffled by everything that is going on, looking back at the door.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://churchprogramming.weebly.com
Brunar Olfellow

avatar

Posts : 11
Join date : 2016-09-08

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:21 pm

Shocked that anyone would want to talk to him Brunar replies,
“I was hoping to find some answers myself… half thinking I was still asleep somewhere in a thicket.”
He strokes his beard as he looks off at nothing in particular, thinking on the matter at hand.


“I was readying to leave camp for a long travel west, out towards Waterdeep. Problem is I was accosted by a beautiful elven lass that turned into a do-...”
Brunar clears his throat nervously.
“Anyways, I went from a field of flowers through a free-standing doorway to find myself in this tavern. You know what scratch that too, I’m not crazy… or drunk.
Letting out an exasperated sigh he shifts in his seat with a stumped look on his face. 


Looking back at the human he smiles and says,
“The name’s Brunar. What brings you to this mysterious place…?”
Brunar trails off as to request the stranger’s name and story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Church6633

avatar

Posts : 61
Join date : 2016-09-15
Age : 28
Location : Everett,WA

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:38 pm

Fin draws his attention back to the dwarf, "Hello Brunar, name's Fin. Honestly, I'm not really sure why I'm here though. Currently waiting on someone, and really hoping to get some answers before I have to leave to find her."

Fin, still constantly scoping out his surroundings, back at the door, to the barman, and back to the dwarf. "I had gotten a room in Waterdeep myself, and while doing my nightly routine I came across this," Fin pulls the ticket from his pocket and puts it back, "and on my way to let my companion know, I walked into this place instead."

Fin does another pass of the room, then looks to the barman and shouts, "Hey buddy! Can I get that pint? Maybe some answers?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://churchprogramming.weebly.com
Whatcoloristhat

avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2016-09-28

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:08 pm

Tariel distractedly thanks the strange man, her eyes already searching the bustling room for Fin. It only takes a moment before she hears his familiar voice beckoning the barman to bring him a drink. She rushes to his side, ignoring the man next to him she questions Fin with an accusatory glare. "I would thank you to not send a strange person into my quarters, would it have been such a burden to call for me yourself?" She looks around the room again, still incredibly overwhelmed by the many new sights and smells she's encountered in the past couple days. "What is this place? Is this another one of your missions? Why are these strange people so...hospitable? It is unwise to trust people who seem so kind, they often harbor ulterior motives"  Her eyes are filled with distrust as she tries to mask the fear on her face, she silently reminds herself fear is weakness and straightens her shoulders. Looking to Fin expectantly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Church6633

avatar

Posts : 61
Join date : 2016-09-15
Age : 28
Location : Everett,WA

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:21 pm

Caught off guard, Fin forgets about the drink when he realizes who just showed up, "Tariel! I'm glad you made it." Taking in what Tariel said, Fin replies, "I don't know what you're talking about, but I didn't send anyone into your room. As for where we are, I was intending to come back and look for you after I got a few answers myself."

Fin lets out a sigh of relief knowing that Tariel is nearby, he looks to Brunar, "It would seem I have found who I'm looking for. Brunar, this is Tariel. Tariel, Brunar."

Fin pulls Tariel aside and whispers into her ear, "I know you aren't quick to let people around, but I think we're fine while we're here. As the doorman said, no one can attack or cast magic without doing harm to themselves."

As he pulls away from Tariel, "Pull up a seat, have a drink. Let's see if we can find out what's going on here."

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://churchprogramming.weebly.com
Whatcoloristhat

avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2016-09-28

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:44 pm

Still rather rudely ignoring the man sitting with Fin, Tariel replies, the mistrust still thick in her urgent whisper; " How can you be sure we are safe? Just because some strange man would have you believe it, it is true? This could be a trap, we are likely sitting ducks. You can be so foolish. Some strange woman comes to me and magically brings me to yet another new and strange place and you expect me to relax?! I will pass on the drink, I prefer to keep my wits about me when forced into unusual surroundings. If you insist on staying, you will find me over there at a decent vantage point, waiting for your next absurd idea." Tariel gestures towards and empty booth in the corner, near a door that appears to be an exit. As she moves toward it, it dawns on her that due to how she got here, she can't be sure any of these doors are what she expects them to be. Being a creature of habit she takes the seat anyway. She sits there stoic, waiting for Fin to finish his business so they can leave this place. Under the table, she holds her dagger in her lap, taking the smallest amount of comfort from the familiarity of the handle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    

Back to top Go down
 
The Scandalous Peacock
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» 10 Hilarious Hidden Moments in Disney Movies

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Power Rangos :: Games :: Gameplay-
Jump to: