Power Rangos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Power Rangos

This uh.... yeah... And stuff

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Scandalous Peacock

Go down 
+5
vivacious_undersnout
A Snobby Pigeon
gears1992
Keraos
Plix
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Plix

Plix

The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 1:11 am

I seem to have been neglecting my patrons. I am quite sorry.” The barman, a portly fellow, clean shaven and all smiles comes over holding several tankards of drink. “You all look like you have questions. Allow me to explain. You are in the Scandalous Peacock. Here heroes are forged and fortunes are made. Grixxus has selected you for a reason and has brought you here because he sees something in you.” Seeing Brunar’s coin on the bar the barman laughs giggling his whole body. “No no that isn’t how you pay here. You pay in success here.” under his breath and with a bit of a cough he adds, “and the occasional favor.” Straightening up and brushing away nothing from his apron the large man continues. “Here there are two types of people. Those that are looking for work and those that are looking for people to help them with something.” He then points to a haggard looking City Watch member that is slowly getting drunk at the bar. “If you see someone with their ticket on the table face up like his then that means they are looking for people to help them with something. Sometimes it is to help them, sometimes it’s a task that you do on your own.” Looking over the pair in front of him and glancing to the elf at the table he asks, “Does all of that make sense? Do you have any questions? I know that is a lot to take in.

As all of this is going on a 3 foot tall person clad in a deep red cloak with the hood pulled low over his face approaches the table where Tarial sits. Extending a gloved hand the stranger reveals that they have leather armor on their forearm and an ornate short sword under the cloak. The voice is smooth but direct and it is hard to tell if it is a man or a woman’s voice. “You two have made quite a mess up north. May I join you?
Back to top Go down
http://4thlevelgames.com
Church6633

Church6633

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 3:00 pm

Fin takes a large gulp of his drink and lets out a refreshed, "Ahhhh. Thanks barkeep. Grixxus, that's an interesting name." Trying to think if he's heard anything of Grixxus in his past (Int(History) 10+1 = 11), he accepts that until recently, he's essentially lived under a rock.

Fin acknowledges the City Watch, gestures his tankard as in going in for a cheers, and then takes a drink. Then looks back at the barman, "Good to know, which brings me to this." Fin slides the folded note to the barman. "Do you know anything about this?" (Is the note in my backstory)

While the barman looks over the note, Fin glances back at Tariel and the stranger at her table. Hope she's doing alright.

Fin looks back at the barman and takes another drink from his tankard.

Last edited by Church6633 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification for DM)
Back to top Go down
http://churchprogramming.weebly.com
Whatcoloristhat

Whatcoloristhat

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 6:46 pm

Tariel looks at this newcomer, the unease apparent on her face. She stares at the strangers hand, ignores it, and then gestures to the seat across from her, as she does this she sizes up the stranger, trying to decide whether or not they are trustworthy. (13 +2 Wis +2 insight*=17) " At the very least I will allow you time to explain to me, what exactly you think I have done."  She states harshly.
Back to top Go down
Plix

Plix

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 10:38 pm

Addressing rolls:
Fin and Brunar: your perception tells you that there are several people at the bar that noticed you enter and have been watching you sizing you up. Including a pair of rich women sitting talking at a table, a man in hunting leathers sitting with a woman in full plate and a Halfling in scale sit staring from a booth and a pair of elfs sit at a different booth watch Fin enter.

Fin: Your history check yields no results on the name of Grixxus. If this person is important he or she hasn’t been to the north.

Tariel: your insight tells you that this person doesn’t mean you any harm, but is clearly not willing to show who he or she is. The size and built makes it likely that he or she is either a gnome or a hafling.

The stranger then speaks as they sit. “From what I’ve heard you have done what you had to. The way I see it there are some people that need to die. You reason with those you can and kill those you can’t.” They smile and sip a drink the waiter brings them. The beautiful elf gal notices Tariel and asks in a breathy voice. “Can I get you anything?

Meanwhile at the bar the bartender reads the letter then stairs over Fin’s left shoulder looking as though he were reading thing or having information pumped into his head. He then shakes his head and refocuses on Fin. “Yes you are looking for the Cloak and Dagger. They are…” the bar man scans the room, “there.” He points to the small person sitting across from Tariel being asked if she wants a drink.
Back to top Go down
Whatcoloristhat

Whatcoloristhat

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 1:32 pm

Tariel glances at the waitress "Just water, thanks." She returns her attention to the figure across from her. "So if you know this about me, then you must know I am not just any random hand for hire. So, what is it you want from me? More importantly, what do you think you have that would pique my interest?"
Back to top Go down
Church6633

Church6633

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 10:33 pm

Fin takes the note back from the barman, a moment there, the next, gone. Fin glances back at Tariel and observes what he can of the stranger. Other than the size, there isn't much to say, can't really make out an appearance from here.

Fin brings his attention back to the barman, takes another drink of his tankard, emptying it. "May I have another please? And that person's going to get me to," Fin leans in and whispers, ""The Accountant?"" Fin sits back in his stool.

After the barkeep's response, Fin starts to stand from his stool and responds, "One last question, if I want to get out of here, how do I do that, and where do I end up? Oh, and thanks for the hospitality, things have been pretty crazy lately."

Last edited by Church6633 on Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Brunar Olfellow

Brunar Olfellow

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 1:55 am

Chugging down his drink as though a parched man from a desert, Brunar wipes his mouth and exclaims,
“Another is in order, it has been quite long since I’ve had a mead so good!”

Brunar glances at Fin, seeing him whisper something to the bartender and begin to stand.
Raising his mug in a friendly gesture he says to Fin,
“It seems you have some business to attend to. Nice to to have met you, and may your travels be blessed by the light!”
After toasting, Brunar finishes the last gulp of mead and slams the mug on the counter in a jovial fashion.

Grabbing the gold coin off the counter and stashing it away, Brunar thinks to himself,
*I wonder where I should start my repayment of these fine drinks… perhaps one of these patrons are looking for work?*
Looking around the tavern trying to decide whom to approach he sits with his fingers steepled, deep in thought.  

(Are all NPCs mentioned in your posts here looking for someone to hire? Ex: pair of rich women;  pair of elves; or the man in leather, woman in plate, and the halfling in scale)
Back to top Go down
Church6633

Church6633

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 10:42 pm

(OOC: In regards to my previous post. I am still awaiting a response for my question about "The Accountants.")

After the barman has gotten Fin and Brunar's drinks, a moment goes by and the barman kind of seems lost in thought, Fin looks back to Brunar and meets Brunar's toast, clinking their tankards together, "Well, it was nice meeting you as well." Fin waits a moment longer for the barman to answer his question, and decides that he'll come back to that.

After Brunar has collected his things and started scoping out the Scandalous Peacock, Fin looks back to the barman, waits another moment, and then signals back at Brunar and approaches him, "I do have a proposition for you. My journey is only beginning, and I'm not sure I can do it on my own. I mean, I have Tariel, but even then, there's only so much the two of us can do."

Fin looks Brunar over, "The privacy with the barkeep is nothing personal, I just don't know you that well, and he specifically seems to know more about the specifics of why I'm here. All you truly need to know, is that I'm sick of watching innocent lives be tormented by the corrupted. I don't expect you to be willing to risk your life for my cause without equal compensation, but all I can really offer you right now, is hope. Well..." Fin drags off for a moment looking back at Tariel. Fin brings his attention back to Brunar, "there is the fact that you are here too, which means you likely need help with something as well. I have some skills that are very handy for almost every circumstance and can likely assist you with whatever it is that brought you here. That is, as long as it's for the greater good," Fin making an obvious assumption based on Brunar's demeanor, "which I don't think is much trouble for someone of your stature. I may even be able to convince Tariel it's worth it as well, but that's going to take some time."

Fin pauses for a moment, still standing next to Brunar, as though he's waiting for a response, and then right in that awkward moment between the right amount of silence to make a point and too much quie, he says, "Please, take your time, think it over. I must meet with my companion and this stranger that is with her. Join us over there," Fin points to the booth that Tariel is sitting in, "if you wish."

Without waiting for a response from Brunar, Fin finishes his drink, walks back to the barman, and sets down his empty tankard, "I'll be over there. Will you bring me another?"

People get in and out of here frequently it seems. I also have this ticket that got me in, I'm sure I'll figure out how this place works eventually.
Back to top Go down
Plix

Plix

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 11:20 am

The bartender leans in as well, “Cloak and Dagger knows people who knows people. The Cloak can help you meet anyone. But yes they work with the Accountants.” Leaning back he says loud enough for Brunar to hear he continues, "If you want to leave you can. The door man can let you out most places in Waterdeep. And I'll have your drink take over to your table." Then goes and grabs his drink.

Then turning to Brunar, “You still look lost there good man. Is there any questions I can answer for you?

Over at the table with Tariel and the stranger. The cloaked figure leans back in their seat. “What do I want? Now that is a hell of a question. Haven’t thought about that in a while.” There is a moment of silence as the stranger stares off into the distance. Then shaking it off they continue, “I’m not here about what I want, I’m here because he,” The stranger points to Fin as he approaches. The gauntleted wrist is wrapped with daggers along the forearm. “He called me here. I believe you two wanted to join a group I am part of.
Back to top Go down
vivacious_undersnout

vivacious_undersnout

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 1:22 pm

Are M'Barai and Pillsbury still heading towards the target? That's where I left off.
Back to top Go down
Church6633

Church6633

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 2:07 pm

Fin nods to the barman, "Thanks again for all of the help..." Fin trails off, trying to think back to the barman's name, but he has no recollection of learning it. Instead of saying anything though, Fin slowly turns away and starts towards Tariel and The Cloak.

While Fin approaches, he see's Cloak and Dagger pointing at him and makes note of the daggers strapped to their forearm. Eyebrow raised Fin silently approaches just out of The Cloak's peripheral. "Can I help you with something? The barman says that you may be able to help me." Fin hands the note to the Stranger. "What do you know about this? There are people that need to pay dearly for the things that they have done, and I'm running out of time. Supposedly these so called, "Accountants," are the ones I need to get in contact with to solve Tariel and I's little issue."

There's got to be enough of us that want to rid this planet of evil. I really hope these 'Accountants' have what it takes. I can't have this all be in vain.
Back to top Go down
Plix

Plix

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 2:40 pm

M'Barai and Pillbury were headed out to the city. If you don't want to have left you could still be in the Peacock.

At the table with Tariel and Fin: ...coming soon
Back to top Go down
Brunar Olfellow

Brunar Olfellow

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 11:29 pm

Taking a sip of his drink Brunar addresses the bartender,
“I doubt you have the answers I seek but thank you for the information so far, it’s been very helpful. You said we’re in Waterdeep?
Brunar mumbles to himself in bewilderment,
“How can I already be in Waterdeep? By the light, I was more than a week’s travel away!”

Shaking his head in disbelief he takes a swig of the mead and glances after Fin, then looks back at the bartender.
“You wouldn’t happen to know some background on that fellow or his companion, would you?” Brunar points at Fin and the wood elf woman.

*Fighting for a greater good… I’ve seen that skewed before.* he thinks to himself.
*He did say he’s in need of putting some suffering to an end, I just hope that isn’t a misguided tale for his own ‘greater good’.*
Brunar subconsciously touches the holy symbol affixed to his cloak, tracing the details of the emblem with his finger.
*By the light, the decision to help should be obvious! I’ve sworn myself to help those in need, for the good of the world, and here I sit pondering the depth of my own misfortunes.*

With a deep sigh, he snaps out of his deep thought says to the bartender,
“I’ll take one more mead if you’d please, should be the last for the night.”

Brunar take another sip of his drink and looks around the room, a battle of morals warring in his eyes.
Back to top Go down
vivacious_undersnout

vivacious_undersnout

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2016 10:44 am

M'Barai left the Peacock w/Pillsbury, so he's wherever that is.
Back to top Go down
Plix

Plix

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 11:41 am

Fin and Tariel: The Cloak and Dagger takes the note and looks over it. “Well I can tell you that my handwriting is pretty good. I can also tell you that the Accountants just want there to be a balance. I can tell you the meat pies here are quite good. A little messy but quite tasty.” The stranger takes the note under their cloak. “You are running out of time you say. What happens when you run out of time?

Brunar: As he sits drinking his fill the barman walks over and slides a note to him with one of his drinks. When he opens it reads, “Join us. The ladies of Tretlon at the table.” As Brunar looks up one of the well dressed women at table gives him a small wave. "Oh and as far as that character I don't know anything about him. He is new here. Just arrived. But he has been chosen to be here so there must be something about him."
Back to top Go down
Brunar Olfellow

Brunar Olfellow

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 1:28 pm

“Thanks for the fine service. I’m sure we’ll meet again down the line, there’s always room for more mead!”
Finishing off one drink and grabbing the fresh one, Brunar gathers his gear and makes his way towards the table from which the note came.

“G’day to yah, Brunar of the Se-...” Brunar interrupts himself and clears his throat, “...of the Light at your service, how may I be of assistance?” Holding up the the note is one hand.
Brunar gestures to a chair, “Mind if I take a seat?”
Back to top Go down
Church6633

Church6633

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 9:25 pm

Fin takes a seat next to Tariel and lowers his voice as to only be heard within the booth. Showing some slight desperation in his voice he reveals some of his end goal, looking to gain some trust with this unknown, well timed, help, "I'm not sure how much you know of the Moonwood, Stranger, but life had gotten pretty terrible for the creatures and residents there. I can only imagine how awful things are there now. We nearly escaped as is and we are looking to find a way to rid the Moonwood of the evil that is lurking within the Quatrvarran ranks." Fin's face shifting to a look of sheer hatred, a slight pause before he picks back up, "Before it's too late. I fear for the rest of this planet if this goes unchecked."

I definitely need to move this along and meet with these Accountants.

Fin, intrigued in learning more about the group that essentially brought him here, changes the subject, "So, when do I get to meet these Accountants? What I need done is going to require more than just a couple of us, and as I said, I don't want to waste any more time." (Cha(Persuasion 2 + 1 + 2) = 5) Hoping to learn more about this group and trying to regain his composure, the desperation is still evident in his voice and he fears he isn't very convincing.

Fin takes a deep breath and lets out a sigh.
Back to top Go down
Plix

Plix

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2016 10:37 am

Brunar: The two women giggle a little to each other exchanging a look (Wis(Insight) for more info) “Why yes of course.” As Brunar sits the two women watch and sip their wine. “I am Cathrin and this is Malinda. What brings a big strapping man like yourself to a place like this?”

Fin and Tariel: Cloak and Dagger sits for a moment considering. “Well first you must prove yourself. There is a small group of drow that the Accountants have been made aware of. Bring back a token of their deaths and I’ll set up a meeting for you. As to getting help to head north, that will be expensive. These people don’t work for free and they only care about balance.”
Back to top Go down
Church6633

Church6633

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2016 8:37 pm

Fin finally shakes his desperation after Cloak and Dagger responds and he nods his head, "We will prove ourselves." He takes a moment to drink from his tankard, "As for getting their help, they already reached out to me. That means they already know Tariel and I are useful, even if it is for their own schemes, but I'm not concerned about that. I understand that there will always be evil, but that doesn't mean it needs to go unchecked. If corruption is left to lurk, it will only spread, and I intend to find a way to stop it now, before it gets out of hand. I'm sure I will find a way to convince them of this and that what is going on needs to be taken care of."

Fin looks to Tariel, she looks back and silently nods in agreement. Fin turns his head back to Cloak and Dagger. "Where are the drow? About how many should we expect? Is there any more information about what they're doing, and why they need to be introduced to, the Reaper? Also, how do I contact you when the job is finished?"

Fin slowly takes another drink, elbows on the table, he pulls the tankard away from his face and holds it in front of him. He looks like he's thinking about something when he takes another drink, *There's no reason to do this for free. This stranger is right though, they may not end up helping us. So, at the very least, we should get something for doing this for them.*

When he stops drinking he says, "One final question, is their any compensation for doing this? Death, even for something that rightfully deserves it, is a heavy burden to carry. My pockets also weighing more certainly couldn't hurt." Fin thinks to himself,

Fin takes his elbows off the table, tankard in one hand, he tilts his head back, finishes his drink and sets it down. He leans back and awaits Cloak and Dagger's response.
Back to top Go down
Brunar Olfellow

Brunar Olfellow

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 7:32 pm

Brunar notices a look between the women as they giggle [Wis(perception) 18+1=19] but decides to move onto the pressing matters at hand.
“I am here to help those in need. There is great evil in the world, but I believe it can be defeated if we all aim to assist each other for the greater good of the lands.”

He takes a sip of his drink and asks,
“What might your roadblocks be? Perhaps I can banish the problems that prevent your advancement.”

*That Fin fellow said he was aiming to abolish some evil…* Brunar thinks to himself.
*What am I doing chasing other opportunities after one starred my right in the face?*
Taking a deep breath, Brunar tries to focus on the conversation in front of him but slowly drifts back to the distracting thoughts.
*I can determine the truth of his character later, he might need help if he is to succeed.*
Taking a long swig of his drink, Brunar stares toward Fin and his companions.
*Perhaps I’ll pay him a visit after a short chat with these fine ladies.*
Brunar smiles to the women at the table and continues with the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Plix

Plix

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 10:27 am

Fin and Tariel: Cloak and Dagger leans back placing a thumb and forefinger on either side of their vale covered chin. "Well let's see. The Drow are in the sewers below the Trade Ward. The reports say there should be about a dozen of them. As to why they are there and why they should die. I'd assume it's cus they are evil." Cloak and Dagger leans back and contemplates your questions making sure all the questions were answered. Snapping and leaning forward Cloak and Dagger concludes, "And once you are done just bring back a token to show that they are dead and I'll be here." Leaning forward and lowering their voice Dagger explains, "I like the comfortable life. Sleeping in the mud is behind me." Leaning back again they continue, "As far as compensation, I don't believe anyone has claimed looting rights so you can keep everything that you find."

Brunar: Your insight tells you that they two gals giggled because your formality and chivalry is not something that they are used to and they are a little drunk. However you can't help shake the feeling that you are being sized up. Cathrin speaks first, her words cascade out of a slightly mischievous smile, "Well my good sir. My friend here is in great need." Malinda gives her a small shove. "Don't be dramatic. I could get a date, it's just..." Malinda is cut off by a raised hand from her friend. Leaning forward, the strength of her corset being put to the test as her ample assets strains to escape out the top, Cathrin continues. "What my friend means to say is, we are having a small get together in a few days and her arm is in need of something pretty to put on it." Malinda gives a frustrated sigh but says nothing. "Oh but if you bring you'r servants they can keep that I grew up in the woods look, they have going on, it's a costume party. So please come in that beautiful armor of yours."
Back to top Go down
Church6633

Church6633

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 10:41 pm

*That dwarf certainly could be of use for this. I definitely don't doubt our ability to handle the situation on our own, but a distraction and someone else to draw their attention can absolutely give us the upper hand.*

Fin looks to Tariel. "Doesn't seem like something we can't handle, but maybe we should check with the stoutly fellow? More help wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing to have in a bind."
Back to top Go down
Whatcoloristhat

Whatcoloristhat

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 11:15 pm

Tariel looks to Fin and nods before addressing the stranger. "We accept your terms, and shall depart once we have prepared."  Tariel pauses, but eager to conclude the conversation, continues without leaving any opportunity for further discussion.  "With that settled we will take our leave." Tariel stands, nods to the cloaked person, and begins to move toward the dwarf that has piqued Fins interest in such a way. 
Tariel turned back toward Fin, offering him an intense gaze meant to convey her dire need to escape the commotion of the bar. She wanted nothing more than to finish all of these tiresome conversations and find a meadow in which to meditate before the next phase of her endless journey to rescue her people and return her land to the bountiful safe haven it once was.
Back to top Go down
Church6633

Church6633

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 11:48 pm

Fin stands up to let Tariel up and watches as she finally speaks up and starts towards Brunar. Fin then turns his head back around and looks back to Cloak and Dagger. "Looks like we'll be seeing you around. I do expect to find you here when we're through and this to not be a fruitless endeavor."

Fin takes one last drink from his tankard and sets it back down, knocks on the table and follows after Tariel. A couple quick steps and he's caught back up with her. He whispers to her, "I'll see if maybe I can convince him."

Fin continues past Tariel and approaches Brunar. Fin looks up to the two ladies that he is sitting with and waits for a break in their conversation, "Excuse me, sorry to interrupt, but I would like to speak to my friend here. It'll only be a moment and I'll have him right back here charming you as he so clearly already has been." *Not like it'd be hard, could hear them giggling from across the bar.*

Fin waits briefly and brings his attention to Brunar, "It seems that we are departing, do you have a moment to possibly discuss this somewhere," Fin pauses a moment longer and glances at the girls, then back to Brunar, "a little more private?"
Back to top Go down
Brunar Olfellow

Brunar Olfellow

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 3:12 pm

“Of course, of course.” Directed at Fin.
Brunar begins to get up from his seat and addresses the women at the table,
“Pardon me, ladies, just a quick word and I’ll be back.”
Turning to Fin he says,
“Let us discuss at one of the booths over yonder.” Pointing to an empty booth away from eavesdropping ears.

“I suppose you need my help… or were you sad to see me go?” Brunar smiles while sitting at the booth.
“Tell me, what troubles you so?”
He takes a sip of his mead, awaiting Fin’s reply.
Back to top Go down
Church6633

Church6633

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 10:00 pm

Signaling Tariel to follow, Fin goes with Brunar and has a seat.

Fin leans in on his elbows and pulls his hood back. He crosses his arms in front of him, keeping his voice down, he says to Brunar, "I've been informed that I can meet with a very important group about setting some wrongs right if I help them with a bit of an...infestation. They also seem like a group that could possibly help you with whatever brought you here."

Fin leans back, keeping his arms crossed in front of him about chest level, and continues, "I'm sure you're interested in a little more detail. What I know so far is that there's about a dozen drow down in the sewers of the Trade Ward. By the sounds of it, I sincerely doubt they're selling flowers. I've been hired to deal with them. I understand that getting your hands dirty may not be in your line of work, but at the very least, an extra set of eyes certainly wouldn't hurt."

Fin thinks for a moment, glances to Tariel next to him, and then brings his attention back to Brunar. "I obviously don't expect you to do this for absolutely nothing, and as I was told, whatever we find down there is ours. I don't have anything other than that, but I figure we can divvy the treasures afterward."

"So Brunar."  Fin pauses and then asks, "What do you say?"
Back to top Go down
Brunar Olfellow

Brunar Olfellow

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 5:32 pm

Brunar downs the last of his drink and slams the mug on the table.
“Of course I’m in!” he chuckles.
“I can’t stand around up here while some drow are causing trouble somewhere in the city.”

“There is a party to attend in a few days, so let us make haste.”
Glancing back towards the women he waves and looks back at Fin,
“I only need let them know I’ll be attending their shindig, then we can venture forth.”
Brunar then stands from the booth and walks back to the women he was previously talking with.

“Sorry for the distraction ladies, something’s come up.”
Hand to heart, Brunar give them a small salute of promise and says,
“You have my word that I’ll make it to your party but I must attend to this matter first.”
Relaxing from the salute he rests his hand on the pommel of his weapon and continues,
“All I require of you fine ladies is where you’d like me to show up.”

(Brunar awaits their response and then meets up with Fin to embark on some drow slaying adventures.)
Back to top Go down
Plix

Plix

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 12:32 am

The women turn from their hushed conversation again and smile at Brunar. "Be here before mid after in two days. We will take you to where you need to go." Cathrin says and gives Brunar a wink.

Provided you didn't have anything you needed to do in the Peacock the three of you head to the entrance. As you approach the door man gives you a small nod in acknowledgement and speaks. "Where would the group of you like to be taken?"
Back to top Go down
Church6633

Church6633

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 8:29 pm

Fin looks to his small strange party, "Well, if we're doing this, I see three options. One, we could head to the outskirts of the Trade Ward and find a good vantage point from above the sewers. Second, if we can go anywhere that there's a door, I'm sure we could get directly into the sewers and spring a surprise attack on the unsuspecting Drow. Third, we have the two of you come from above, while I get the jump on them from within. What do you two think?"

Fin thinks for a moment as to not missed anything, "An escape plan might be necessary for this too. If things get too out of control, we are all capable of getting back here. It might be a good place to expect to see each other."
Back to top Go down
Whatcoloristhat

Whatcoloristhat

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 8:53 pm

Tariel glances at Fin. "It would be unwise to just burst in. Starting from a vantage point in the Trade ward is the only logical thing to do. Anything else would be reckless. We can come up with an escape plan once we know better what we are facing, for now I must insist we make haste to the Trade ward." She nods to the doorman. "We would like to arrive near an entrance to the sewer in the Trade ward. Somewhere our appearance will not be... out of the ordinary." After a pause she remembers her manners and mutters an awkward "Please."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Scandalous Peacock    The Scandalous Peacock  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Scandalous Peacock
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Power Rangos :: Games :: Gameplay-
Jump to: